So holy shit, we got the RED SPAROWES 2xLPs in today for their new album Every Red Heart Shines Towards The Red Sun, and who'da guessed it but they turned out... AMAZING!! Totally one of the most beautiful records we've laid our grubby paws on to date and we couldn't be much more stoked to present this beast to you. Gatefold jackets w/ a classy matte finish, five color printing (metallic gold ink included) and an all-around stunning package. To pat the band and Pirates Press on their collective back, the artwork for this thing looks simply awesome on the large gatefold 2xLP format, and here is the description we wrote for the music contained within:
"Los Angeles' RED SPAROWES bypass the fabled sophomore slump with Every Red Heart Shines Towards The Red Sun, and it's almost as if they skipped over an entire album with the mighty leaps and bounds they've made since At The Soundless Dawn came out just the year prior. The reference points of past are less reminiscent with the quintet's progressed sound, as there is a definitely "darker" approach on this album. However, the intense evoking of emotions is still accomplished through the all-instrumental approach, with more variety and depth than ever before. It's an impressive effort, and Robotic Empire is proud to release this double-LP vinyl version of an incredible, dynamic and downright powerful album. While RED SPAROWES somewhat rapidly attained status as an instrumental force to be reckoned with, Every Red Heart Shines Towards The Red Sun expands far beyond what they've accomplished before and is a captivating new path in the ever-evolving world of instrumental music."
So there you have it folks, the long-awaited 2nd album from the glorious RED SPAROWES is finally available... and per usual, wacky colored-vinyl is involved. Here's what we pressed of this 2xLP and where the different copies (mostly) went:
* 1400 copies on BLACK vinyl - available mainly through retail stores & distros October 10th
* 300 copies on TRANSLUCENT YELLOW / BROWN SPLIT (aka "Light / Dark") - available through Robotic Empire and the band only
* 200 copies on CLEAR W/ YELLOW SPOTS - available through Robotic Empire and the band only
* 100 copies on TRANSLUCENT YELLOW W/ SMOKE - "thank you Neurot!" hookup exclusive, available only from them
That should hopefully cover most of the main questions for this except the price: We're asking $20.00 for this monster release, and that includes postage. Canadians, we need $25.00 US from you since it costs more to ship to you... and International folk, you get hit up for $32.00 US. Again, this includes postage (AIR MAIL) as we're not offering Surface Mail for this due to too many damn international surface mail packages going missing. And to try to curb some of the rip-off assholes out there, Delivery Confirmation will be used on most (if not all) of the US orders. Just don't email us in 2 days with "where is my order, it's been 10 minutes!!!" Seriously, that sucks.
Ebay Scoundrels (and everyone else): we're limiting the colored vinyl of 1 copy per person. If you want to order multiple version, feel free to do so... but please limit it to 1 copy of each version.
We're only accepting PayPal payments for this, through our ONLINE STORE only (please don't message us here about this record). eCheck people, you're in the clear (even though you are a pain in the ass) assuming your eCheck clears of course. We will be shipping out the first wave of orders before this week's end, and WE will write YOU when the package ships, so please just hold yer horses!
Now that we've gotten all the BS out of the way, how about some bigass PHOTOS of this beaut? Here's some shots of the gatefold jacket, and then some of the vinyl that we have available:
What's that, you want to stop looking and start ordering? Head on over to our ONLINE STORE while we blather on some more about the other rad new shit we got...
Remember a year or so ago when we started commissioning John Baizley from BARONESS to design some brutal t-shirts for us? Well either way, we've got a new one and it's fucking awesome. No big surprise there, but the nice thing about this one is that we're bringin' it back with this awesome new design made for PIG DESTROYER! Yep, these grind lords let us make up these killer t-shirts for them since they're not doing much touring right now as they're hard at work on their next Relapse full-length. So far so good, and we're stoked to keep the flame lit in the meantime with this burly new design. Check out this beast in action!
Holy shit, right? Longest post from us ever, right? There's more... we got a mess of new stuff and restocks for the ONLINE STORE too:
* Battlemaster - "Cosmic Neutrality" CD-R (Self Released) - $7.00
* Blues Control - "Riverboat Styx" Cassette (Fuckittapes) - $6.00
* Code 13 - "Discography 1994-2000" CD (Havoc) - $8.00
* Giant Squid - "Metridium Fields" CD (The End) - $9.00
* Great Redneck Hope, The - "Behold The Fuck Thunder" CD (Thinker Thought) - $10.00
* Great Redneck Hope, The - "Splosion!" CD (Thinker Thought) - $10.00
* Gregor Samsa - "55:12" CD (The Kora) - $12.00
* Hirax - "The New Age of Terror" CD (Deep Six) - $8.00
* Holy Roman Empire - "Lost In Landscapes" CDep (Hewhocorrupts) - $8.00
* (Lone) Wolf And Cub - "May You Only See Sky" CDep (Hewhocorrupts) - $8.00
* Magrudergrind / Shitstorm - "Split" 12" (Robotic Empire) - $10.00
* Man Is The Bastard - "Mancruel" CD (Deep Six) - $8.00
* Pageninetynine - "Document 7" 12" (Magic Bullet) - $10.00
* Phobia - "Cruel" 12" (Deep Six) - $9.00
* Phobia - "Means of Existence" PICTURE DISC 12" (Deep Six) - $9.00
* Russian Circles - "Enter - SILVER VINYL" 12" (Friction) - $12.00
* Shepards / Quintana Roo - "Split" Cassette (Fuckittapes) - $6.00
* Sinaloa - "Footprints on Floorboards" 12" (Owsla) - $9.00
* Skitsystem - "Gra Varld, Svarta Tanakar" CD (Havoc) - $9.00
* Sparrows Swarm And Sing - "O Shenandoah, Mighty Death Will Find Me" CD (Magic Bullet) - $10.00
* Sparrows Swarm And Sing - "O Shenandoah Demos (Winter 2005-06)" Cassette (Magic Bullet) - $7.00
* Sword Heaven - "Fan Death" Cassette (Fuckittapes) - $6.00
* Textbook Traitors - "Vinyl Collections Vol. 1" CD (Magic Bullet) - $8.00
* Textbook Traitors - "You Pull The Strings That Make Us Dance" CD (Magic Bullet) - $8.00
* This Ship Will Sink - "You Are Precisely My Cup Of Tea" CDep (Magic Bullet) - $8.00
* This Will Destroy You - "Young Mountain" CD (Magic Bullet) - $10.00
* Thumbscrew - "Within Hearts Of Redemption" CDep (Imagine It) - $7.00
* Various Artists - "If It Plays..." CD (Thinker Thought) - $6.00
* Victims - "In Blood" CD (Havoc) - $8.00
* Wolfbrigade - "Progression / Regression" CD (Havoc) - $8.00
OK this seriously has to end sometime so... if any of this stuff rubs you the right way please just head on over to our ONLINE STORE and check it all out. We're going to be hard at work packing orders for a hot minute so don't be shocked if we're a bit slow on the ol' email / messages. Thanks for reading all this nonsense, peace!