We started the year with a release (TILTS) and now we'll end the year with one...
SURPRISE: four of Justin K. Broadrick's incredible sonic personalities within one impressive 12" EP, simply titled Christmas. JESU lays the foundation with the initial hymn, along with brilliant remixes from related projects PALE SKETCHER and FINAL, plus an exclusive and brand new remix by the oppressive JK FLESH entity.
Originally self-released as a digital-only EP for Xmas 2010, the 35+ minutes of music within have been sonically upgraded by mastering wizard James Plotkin specifically for the two physical formats. Vinyl edition comes on complimentary ice-blue color wax housed in a glorious high-gloss full color jacket, CD edition also comes with high-gloss artwork and has an exclusive lyrics page.
* Each format is limited to a one-time pressing of 500 copies
* Stream the full release now over at SPIN Magazine
* Available to pre-order NOW at the Robotic Empire - Online Store
We are expecting these to arrive at RoboHQ within the first week or two of December and plan to rock all the pre-orders right back out the door hopefully just in time for the holidays. If all goes according to plan, folks should be receiving their packages right around Xmas itself.
However, because the entire postal system gets bogged down around the holidays, it is impossible to guarantee things at this time of year... that being said, Priority Mail is recommended for affordable semi-expedited delivery.
This release has been in the pipeline for ages and we're glad it's finally (almost) in existence, even if so damn close to the wire. We're thrilled to work with Justin K. Broadrick again and have plans to announce another JKB release in 2013.
Beyond that, it's been a wild year with a lot of changes for us but we're happy to say that some stability is finally on the horizon with new roots being put down (and/or in motion) after long periods of flux.
We keep chugging along with the Robotic Empire - Online Store and want to genuinely thank everyone who's ordered from us this year, or... ever! We couldn't keep this operation afloat without the direct support of our mailorder followers, and we really appreciate all of those who've stuck with us through the years or just found out about us recently. It's getting increasingly difficult to run a label like ours in this "landscape" and blah blah blah, the same thing you've probably heard a lot of times by now... but at the end of the day, we are a small operation and sincerely appreciate everyone who's helped.
Enough emo year-end-sentimentality, let's get to the MUSIC: lots of cool new stuff joins this update, including a rad NEIL YOUNG t-shirt (the same image infamously connected to LYNYRD SKYNYRD), OLD MAN GLOOM's appropriately-timed Christmas re-presses, BONGZILLA, PROTESTANT, THE AUSTRASIAN GOAT, and BASTARD NOISE / MAN IS THE BASTARD vinyl, SUTEKH HEXEN's new album and collections release on wax, sinister tapes from NIHILL and HALLOWED BUTCHERY and surprisingly/awesomely a fantastic new TAIGA cassette which is Bryant Clifford Meyer's solo project, our old dawg who is/was in such acts as ISIS, RED SPAROWES, PALMS and more!
On the re-stock tip we've got extensive Denovali vinyl imports aplenty, Magic Bullet essential re-ups abound, LSD AND THE SEARCH FOR GOD, more OLD MAN GLOOM on cassette and vinyl, plus some other random jibba jabb. Here are the full lists:
* Amarok / Pyramido - Split 12" (Orca Wolf) $9.99
* Arktika - Symmetry - CLEAR WHITE COLORED VINYL 12" (Nar Shardaa) $14.99
* Austrasian Goat, The - Paved Intentions 2x12" (Vendetta) $24.99
* Bastard Noise - The Progression Of Sickness 10" (Deep Six) $9.99
* Bongzilla - Gateway - GREEN COLORED VINYL 12" (Hydrophonic) $19.99
* Hallowed Butchery - Hymns Of The Apostate Cassette (Adagio830) $4.99
* Jesu - Christmas CD (Robotic Empire) $7.99
* Jesu - Christmas - ICE BLUE COLORED VINYL 12" (Robotic Empire) $12.99
* Man is the Bastard / Aunt Mary - Split 10" (Deep Six) $9.99
* Neil Young - Tonight's The Night - Size: EXTRA LARGE T-Shirt (DIY) $14.99
* Neil Young - Tonight's The Night - Size: LARGE T-Shirt (DIY) $14.99
* Neil Young - Tonight's The Night - Size: MEDIUM T-Shirt (DIY) $14.99
* Neil Young - Tonight's The Night - Size: SMALL T-Shirt (DIY) $14.99
* Nihill - Woesteniij Cassette (Tartaus) $7.99
* Old Man Gloom - Christmas - BLACK VINYL 2x12" (Tortuga) $25.99
* Old Man Gloom - Christmas - PINK COLORED VINYL 2x12" (Tortuga) $25.99
* Protestant - Reclamation 12" (Halo Of Flies) $10.99
* Sutekh Hexen - Behind the Throne - PINK COLORED VINYL 12" (Magic Bullet) $14.99
* Sutekh Hexen - Empyraisch 12" (Adagio830) $14.99
* Taiga - Musikecassette Cassette (Manatus Musicus) $6.99
* Audrey - The Fierce And The Longing 12" (Denovali) $16.99
* AUN - Black Pyramid 12" - BLUE AND BLACK COLORED VINYL (Denovali) $23.99
* Blueneck - Scars Of The Midwest 12" (Denovali) $16.99
* Disappearer - The Clearing 2x12" - VINYL (Magic Bullet) $19.99
* Doomriders - Black Thunder 12" - COKE BOTTLE CLEAR COLORED VINYL (Magic Bullet) $14.99
* Heirs - Fowl 12" - WHITE COLORED VINYL (Denovali) $23.99
* Iroha - Self-Titled 2x12" - VINYL (Denovali) $29.99
* Jeniferever - Iris 12" (Denovali) $19.99
* Jesuit - Discography 12" +7"' - GOLD COLORED VINYL (Magic Bullet) $9.99
* Les Fragments De La Nuit - Musique Du Crepuscule 12" (Denovali) $16.99
* LSD And The Search For God - Self-Titled 12" (Deep Space) $10.99
* Made Out of Babies - The Ruiner 12" - PURPLE COLORED VINYL (Magic Bullet) $9.99
* Majority Rule - Emergency Numbers 12" - AQUA COLORED VINYL (Magic Bullet) $9.99
* Majority Rule - Interviews With David Frost 12" - THC COLORED VINYL (Magic Bullet) $9.99
* Meet Me In St. Louis - Variations On Swing 12" - CLEAR WITH BLACK SPLATTER COLORED VINYL (Deno... $14.99
* Mouse On The Keys - Sezession 10"+CD - VINYL (Denovali) $24.99
* Old Man Gloom - No CASSETTE (Sige) $9.99
* Old Man Gloom - Seminar II 2x12" (Magic Bullet) $19.99
* Pageninetynine / Majority Rule - Split 12" - PUKE COLORED VINYL (Magic Bullet) $9.99
* Revok - Bad Books And Empty Pasts 12" - 180GRAM CLEAR WITH RED COLORED VINYL (Denovali) $11.99
* Sleep - Volume 2 T-Shirt Size: EXTRA LARGE (DIY) $14.99
* Sleep - Volume 2 T-Shirt Size: LARGE (DIY) $14.99
* Sleep - Volume 2 T-Shirt Size: MEDIUM (DIY) $14.99
* Sleep - Volume 2 T-Shirt Size: SMALL (DIY) $14.99
* Switchblade - Self-Titled 200 2x12" - BLACK WITH SCREENPRINT VINYL (Denovali) $21.99
* This Will Destroy You - Self-Titled 2x12" - COLORED VINYL (Magic Bullet) $19.99
* Weekend Nachos - Unforgivable 12" - RED COLORED VINYL (Deep Six) $9.99
In addition, all VLING recycled-vinyl-jewellery and related items are currently up to 50% off as well. We are also extending our "fire sale" on CDs through the holiday season, with 20+ titles on sale for UNDER A BUCK! This is madness.
And last but clearly not least, we have picked a winner for our most recent contest: congratulations to Björn Bauer for his incredible and intricate tree drawing that wins our shirt-design-contest. We received some seriously amazing submissions (either for content, skill and/or ability to make us laugh) but Björn's fantastic image hit the nail on the head. Check out his website for an extensive portfolio and more info on this great artist. Big ups to everyone who took the time and effort to submit something for this, it was a lot of fun going over all the entries, and (with their permission) we may post a few of the "runner up" images as well. We will post a larger version of Björn's graphic when we announce shirt ordering info in the coming weeks... stay tuned!
BOOM! Great way to end the year. Hope everyone reading this can reflect on all the good things that have happened to them these past 11-12 months and let it percolate and overpower any bad elements of the year. OK OK enough hippy nonsense, don't trample your fellow man or anything but Robo-capitalist scum still say "go buy our rotatable plastic circles!"
- Robotic Empire - Online Store
November 23, 2012
November 8, 2012
OK dawgz, we're launching a new contest: we need a BAD ASS new Robotic Empire shirt design, likely for a new hoody to keep yall warm this wintertime.
We're accepting design submissions and hope to pick a winner on/around Thanksgiving (Nov 22nd), so just two weeks from now!!
* BAD ASSitude
* front artwork only or front/back OK
* 3 colors or less preferred, set up for screen printing
* robots & man = bad ... nature & hippy shit = good!
* "robotic empire" may or may not be in there, but it shouldn't be too big/invasive if it is included
* whatever goes, we are open to seeing what you've got! an old design revisited, something entirely new... as long as it's cool we'll consider it!
* 5 finished shirts or hoodies or whatever we print for yourself and friends
* $75-$100 worth of free stuff from the Robo webstore of your choice!
roboticfiles (-at-) gmail (-dot-) com
ASAP, winner will be chosen on/around Thanksgiving (Nov 22nd)
SHARE this joint on your social media page(s), and we'll pick a lucky winner to get a free copy of the finished shirt/hoody and some other bonus phat swag schwag as a care package! Winner for that will be chosen roughly the same time.
Our last contest was a pretty big hit, but TOTALLY because folks shared it... so please spread the word so we can make a rad new shirt, possibly with you or a friend's design! BOOYA!